An exciting new fundraiser for 2019..If a marathon is on your bucket list..this is the one for you..doing Dublin don’t worry do your last long run in Munich!!! Read on for all the details:
- Fly out on Friday the 11th of October flights are in the afternoon.
- Saturday – transfer from hotel to Olympic stadium to pick up your number.
- Free Saturday Afternoon or we can organise a tour to Dachau or something similar.
- Sunday morning MARATHON DAY! transfer to the start line.
- Sunday afternoon left to your own devices or indeed there will be a meeting point for the usual recovery beverages and food ( it is the end of the beer festival in Munich that weekend)
- Monday we can if people wish to arrange a walking tour of Munich or left to soak up the city at your leisure..then bus to the airport and home.
Fundraising side (the most daunting part for most but read on!!!)
- Required amount is €2000 if you sign up from the 27th of Feb until the end of July it is 21 weeks that is €95 a week to raise to cover the cost.
- Covers your flights, transfer, entry to marathon, accommodation.
- €300 to be paid by the end of March to secure flights etc.
- Remaining €1,700 needs to be paid by the end of July that is 17 weeks which is €100 a week that needs to be raised. Each person holds one fundraiser ie bag pack, coffee morning, run etc that would bring in over half of the €1,700 balance rest can be garnished from sponsorship, online fund raising, corporate sponsorship( your company may have a matching program.
Help with fundraising:
- I am on board to help with all aspects of fundraising.
- I will meet up if required with the participant and we can work on a fundraising plan
- I will attend the fundraising event if you wish to give people an update on the Wicklow Hospice.
- Letters will be provided to hand out to Shops Companies looking for sponsorship.
What the runner gets:
- Fundraising pack on the deposit being paid.
- Letters, Sponsorship cards, Hospice T Shirts for events, buckets etc.
- For the marathon, your own singlet, if you get a Company to sponsor you we can get their logo on the singlet.
- A bag with I ran Munich Marathon for the Wicklow Hospice.
- Training runs organised
- Talks on nutrition
- Endless advice from Ciaran Byrne who is one of the main organisers of this event, and who has run Munich before and it is one of his favorite marathons.
- The wonderful energy and advice and general fun from Billy Porter…need I say more!!!
- A training program drawn up by Bill to suit all levels of runners ( only if you want one..no pressure!)
- You will finish your marathon by running a lap of the Olympic Stadium!!!A wonderful high not be achieved with every marathon.
- Friends or partners are very welcome as the room is on a twin or double basis for a cost of €750 all flights transfers accommodation will be covered.
There will be an information evening on the 27th of February in the Glenview at 7:30pm. I will be there to discuss all aspects of fundraising assisted by Ciaran who raised over €8000 for Temple Street as part of Route 66, Bill for the marathon and general stories and fun!!
This is the year the Wicklow Hospice will open, what a wonderful addition to our fundraising drive..to run Munich in aid of the Wicklow Hospice!! Both myself and Ciaran will also be coming over a part of the team..with plans to run it aswell so we are all in it together!!
If you are lucky enough to be signed up to do Dublin this is a perfect tester marathon and if no Dublin let this by your marathon year and jump on board our team!!! This is a marathon for all levels of runners and thank goodness it is actually flat!!! not like our wonderful Wicklow Hills
This is limited to 20 participants, and we would look to have the majority of the participants signed up at the information evening if not shortly afterwards.
Any further queries please do not hesitate to contact myself on this email or 0870954137.
This is really going to be a wonderful weekend, doing something that is on your bucket list but with the added feel good factor of helping a very worthy and poignant cause, that unfortunately I think everybody is affected by.