Our Work to Date
Wicklow Hospice Foundation was set up in 2009 to provide the hospice and improved palliative care services for the people of Wicklow. Since then great steps have been taken by the voluntary efforts of many people:
- The Columban Sisters have offered the donation of a beautiful site at Magheramore.
- Detailed plans for the hospice building have been prepared.
- Full planning permission has been received from Wicklow County Council.
- To date (mid 2017) €3.5m has been raised by the Foundation through the dedicated efforts of volunteers and the generosity of many people in Wicklow and beyond.
- The Minister for Health has announced and HSE has confirmed a capital grant of €1m towards the cost of building the hospice, to be made available in 2018.
- We have secured agreement with the Government and the HSE for the €3m annual running costs of the hospice and the augmentation of the homecare team to a 7 day service. HSE revenue funding is scheduled to commence when the hospice opens.
- Agreement has been reached with Our Lady’s Hospice Harolds Cross (OLH) for the management and provision of comprehensive palliative care services in the hospice.