Wicklow Hospice are proud members of the Together for Hospice Movement.
Who are Together for Hospice?
- Together for Hospice is a group of 26 independent Hospice and Specialist Palliative Home Care providers working together at the heart of local communities all across Ireland.
- Together for Hospice exists to support and enable these frontline services to fundraise collectively at a national level.
- Together for Hospice currently runs two National fundraising campaigns; Ireland’s Biggest Coffee Morning for Hospice Together with Bewley’s, and Hospice Sunflower Days
- The ethos of Together for Hospice, is Every Euro Raised Locally, stays locally and is at the heart of everything we do.
- By working with local communities, volunteers, businesses and individuals, together we can enable a future where everyone in Ireland has the opportunity to access the support and care needed when living with a life-limiting illness.
Although Together for Hospice, The National Hospice Movement is a new name and entity, our 26 Hospice and Specialist Palliative care members have been working together to fundraise for hospice services in Ireland for a long time. You may already be familiar with the National fundraising campaigns Hospice Sunflower Days, and Ireland’s Biggest Coffee Morning for Hospice together with Bewley’s which our members have been running in local communities for almost 30 years. We are delighted to launch Together for Hospice as our new and official National fundraising body, together with our new national fundraising website www.togetherforhospice.ie
Together for Hospice Members
- There are currently 26 members of Together for Hospice, these are;
St. Christopher’s Hospice Homecare, Cavan, Marymount University Hospital & Hospice, Cork, The Friends of Youghal Hospice, Cork, Milford Care Centre, Limerick, Clare Hospice at Cahercalla, Clare, Donegal Hospice, Donegal, St. Francis Hospice, Dublin, Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services, Harold’s Cross, Blackrock, Wicklow, Galway Hospice Foundation, Kerry Hospice Foundation, St Brigid’s Hospice and Homecare Service, Laois Hospice, Longford Hospice Homecare, North Louth Hospice and Homecare Foundation, Mayo Roscommon Hospice Foundation, Meath Hospice Homecare, East Meath Hospice Association, Offaly Hospice Foundation, North West Hospice, Sligo, North Tipperary Hospice Movement, South Tipperary Hospice Movement, Waterford Hospice Movement, North Westmeath Hospice, South Westmeath Hospice, Wexford Hospice – Wexford Town.
- Together for Hospice members participate in either one or both of our two national fundraising campaigns, Ireland’s Biggest Coffee Morning for Hospice Together with Bewley’s and Hospice Sunflower Days.
Who is the point of contact at Together for Hospice?
- Together for Hospice National Fundraising Campaigns are co-ordinated by Hazel O’Shea, National Projects Manager, based at Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services, Dublin. 0877378118 email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I learn more about Together for Hospice?
- You can visit our National fundraising website togetherforhospice.ie to learn more about how Together for Hospice supports hospices nationwide in their fundraising efforts.
Together for Hospice Governance
A nominated Governance Group oversees the activities of Together for Hospice and provides strategic direction in light of the values that underpin the movement. The Governance Group consists of nominated representatives from Hospice and Specialist Palliative Home Care services and associated fundraising supporters.
The Together for Hospice Governance Group is;
- Audrey Houlihan, CEO, Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services, Dublin
- Fintan Fagan, CEO, St. Francis Hospice, Dublin
- Joe Hennebery, Chairperson, Kerry Hospice Foundation, Kerry
- Veronica Larkin, Executive, North Westmeath Hospice, Westmeath
Together for Hospice is based at Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services as host site. Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services as host site will report Together for Hospice profit and loss in its annual report. Together for Hospice will continue to be described in the host site’s audited accounts and all collateral will carry the Our Lady’s Hospice & Care Services RCN (registered charity number) and CHY (Revenue Charity Number) as per Charities Regulatory Authority guidelines.